This is a healthier take on another classic dish. I’ve started working with the “no boil” lasagna noodles because I find it a lot easier to place them in the casserole dish than pre-cooked noodles. You can take this one step further and make your own marinara sauce, but I like to keep my recipes relatively quick and easy to make.
- Lasagna Noodles (12 No Boil Lasagna noodles)
- 3 Cups Marinara Sauce or Spaghetti Sauce
- 2.5 Cups Ricotta Cheese (Low-skim)
- 2.5 Cups Mozzarella Cheese (Low-skim)
- 1 Cup slices Mushrooms (Canned or fresh)
- 3 Cups Baby Spinach (fresh)
- Basil (fresh, to taste)
- Italian Seasoning (optional, to taste)
Pre-heat the oven to 375F. In a casserole dish, create 3 layers in the following order:
- Noodles (4 per layer)
- Ricotta Cheese
- Italian Seasoning and Basil (optional)
- Marinara Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 1 hour.
Serves 4-6. Approximately 400-500 Calories per serving.