This is one of my variations on my “Asian” Stir-Fry
- 1 – 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tblsp fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 clove fresh garlic (minced or pressed)
- Chopped onions (to taste)
- Bok Choi or Baby Bok Choi
- Red, Yellow or Green Bell Peppers (diced)
- Mushrooms (Shittake if you prefer) (sliced or diced)
- Curry Powder (to taste)
- Soy Sauce (to taste)
- 1 – 2 tblsp cooking oil (I generally use light olive, but any other will work – just don’t try and cook with sesame oil, it’s too flavorful)
Dice / slice all the vegetables and chicken and set aside.
Put the wok on high heat and add the cooking oil. Then add the ginger, garlic and onion and stir for about 1-2 min before adding the chicken. Add the curry powder and soy sauce liberally and keep stirring over high heat until mostly cooked. Next add the mushrooms and keep stirring until they have cooked down (add additional curry, soy and/or some water as necessary). Add the rest of the vegetables and keep stirring for another 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked and the vegetables are hot.
Serve with rice or quinoa. Serves 4 – 6. Approximately 350 calories per serving.