- 1 pre-baked graham cracker pie crust
- 1 8oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 4 key limes (can substitute 1 lime and 1 lemon)
- 1 8oz carton of whipping cream
- 1 package of vanilla sugar (or a couple of crops of vanilla and 1 tblsp sugar).
Squeeze the key limes (or the lime and lemon together). Add the sweetened condensed milk to a small rounded bowl (preferrably a metallic or glass food prep bowl). Using a spatula very slowly fold the juice into the sweetened condensed milk (tip: add about 1 tblsp at a time and fold until smooth). Continue to do so until the sweetened condensed milk thickens to the point that you can form a small mound in the center of the bowl.
Add the mixture to the pie crust and refrigerate for at least 8 hours (overnight is recommended). Prior to serving whip the whipping cream and add the vanilla sugar half-way through the whipping process. Add the whipping cream on top of the mixture in the pie crust.